Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How To? - Make a King's Chair




I got the idea for this project from a chair I saw in the grounds of Nottingham Castle in Nottingham, England.The right-bottom picture is a picture of the chair that sits in the grounds of Nottingham Castle.
The picture above it is my version of it.
grayspacer
Click on any of the pictures in the right column to enlarge them.
grayspacer
I don't know how old the chair in the castle yard is, but I imagine that it's not a genuine royal chair, but rather a chair made in keeping with the castle theme -- possibly by local people -- and placed in the yard to add to the ambiance and provide a place for visitors to sit and rest.
Just a guess; maybe someone will let us know.
grayspacer
Anyway, when I saw the chair I thought, "Mmmmm, I must make a chair like that for my garden." And I did.